Friday, May 05, 2006

Emerson Tours Taum Sauk

Eighth district Congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson toured the the Shut-Ins and the Taum Sauk Reservoir on Friday. I'll have to put in an editorial comment that may not be popular with my fellow Black River businessmen. We just made more sales in April than any April since we have been in business. And its not just my normal loyal customers. A couple that flew to St Louis from San Francisco to visit family, rented an car and drove down to see what it was all about. Another couple from Kansas City were just here yesterday. And finally a couple from Wisconsin, that worked at the "Y" camp in Potosi years ago came back and rented a cabin on the river and spent three days and bought a bunch of pots while they were here. So some people may be having a slow year, but I'm not and I think we will have a great summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter