Thursday, July 05, 2007

Broadband

Those of you that are regular readers of these posts will remember my attempt to get broadband for Lesterville during the $5 million fine process. Well Lesterville now has DSL. However, I don't have it here in Peola Valley because I'm too far from the switch, in fact most people that have a 637 phone number will not be able to get this service, but those in Lesterville proper (remember it's not a real town, so there aren't any boundries) have the service. But since the old potter is moving to Springfield in October I'll have cable broadband at that time. Small victories.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger higgybear said...

I heard that AT&T was going to try to get service into remote areas that didn't have broadband and offer a really cheap price of about $10. The speed would not be that offered in the big cities, but it would be much better than dial up. Hopefully, eventually it will reach farther.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter