Sunday, January 07, 2007

Chamber Meeting

The second monthly meeting of the Black River Chamber of Commerce was held this afternoon. I was pleased with the turn out. Some businesses that I thought might not return were there and some that I thought would never show up surprised me and participated.

The main topic was applying for a grant to do an engineering study for a waste water treatment system for Lesterville. There were also a number of proposals that I have come to expect with that $5 million prize still out there. Twin Rivers announced that they are printing a new brochure about the area and that they are going to have a half price weekend in May. On Mother's Day weekend you can camp, rent a canoe, and buy a candy bar or tee shirt at Twin Rivers for half price. They encouraged others to join them in this effort to get people to come down to Lesterville early in the season. I think that the pottery will participate in this, just haven't had time to work out the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter