Friday, December 29, 2006

Holiday Weekend Reading

The Attorney General's web site has posted all the requests for funding from the Ameren/FERC fine. As some of my regular readers know I have requested that Ameren install broadband internet service in the Lesterville area. I bring this up because some of the files on the AG's page are huge. The Lesterville School Districts request is 13MB so it might take me all night at 2KB to download that one. It is an interesting list for me to read. Looks like I'm the only business in Lesterville to make a request. Every governmental or quasi-govermental agency in Reynolds County jumped on the gravy wagon. The few that I have opened include St. Genevieve County Court that is looking for $20,000 for a new sound system in their court rooms. A reasonable request, but St. Genevieve doesn't seem to be near Taum Sauk last time I checked. Anyway I'll try to drill through this list over the weekend and see what gems are buried here.

PS. I just spent over two hours downloading the Lesterville School request, only to be told that the file was corrupted. I called my son in Springfield and he said that the school had a number of requests that totaled $4.6 million, but part of that was for a Community Center to be built on school property. Guess I'll have to wait till my next trip to Springfield to see all the requests.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I broke out just the general application from the school district, and uploaded it to http://missourigreen.com/Application.pdf. It's 233kb, which should be much more manageable.

Shelley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter