Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Law Suit and $5 Million

Here is a link to Ameren's official press release about the AG's law suit. In the middle of this press release is the following statement.

In addition, in coming days, the company will announce a protocol for soliciting recommendations for use of $5 million for project enhancements at or near the Taum Sauk facility. AmerenUE agreed to set up this fund as part of its settlement with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) of all liabilities associated with the failure of the plant. The company is aware that several individuals and agencies have prepared applications and intend to submit those directly to FERC. In order to ensure that all recommendations are considered, the company will set up a single address for the collection of recommendations.

All recommendations will be considered for inclusion in a final plan that will be submitted to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission staff on Feb. 28. The deadline for submitting recommendations is Feb. 1.

I told those attending the "Tourist Center" meeting on Sunday that the December 11 deadline mentioned in the local papers was not a real deadline and I'm glad to see that I was right. I'll post the "protocol" information once I receive it. So far my application is the only one that has been posted on the FERC web site, but it takes about two weeks between being received and being posted on the web. I sent a copy of my proposal to FERC because I was not sure who was finally going to define "near the project" and the final definition of that phrase is going to be very important in how the funds are spent.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter