Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tourist Center and Shut-Ins News

I attended the meeting on the Tourist Center this afternoon. I was surprised to find 32 people in attendance, I was expecting 6 to 8. The meeting was chaotic and unorganized, with a number of competing ideas as to how to proceed. The person that organized the meeting announced that she had already sent a proposal to the AG's office for $1,250,000.00 that would cover a tourist center, new street lights, a sewer system for Lesterville, and other projects. I pointed out that if you read the "agreement" that probably none of these types of projects would be funded. The one common thread out of all speakers was a feeling of frustration that Ameren has not come forward with some ground rules on how to proceed with this process. Remember I told you that this was going to be a fun winter.

Before going to the meeting, an employee of the State Park system called and ask if they could come by the pottery and buy some Christmas gifts. I learned that essentially no work is being done at the park. Ameren is sticking to its position that until they settle with the State that they don't want to expend any further money. So if you care about the park, and you have a republican senator in Jeff City you might call and ask if there is anything that can be done to get DNRs attorneys and Amerens attorneys to solve the problem and quit worrying who is going to blink first.

If I was still in school I sure would hate to try and diagram that last sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter