Thursday, October 26, 2006

Who is Looking Out For Lesterville?

I was checking my email one last time before packing for my trip to Iowa when I found this article.
DNR has hired a KC law firm to work on the Ameren settlement. Why is this so disturbing, well I've been told that Ameren is not going to start working on the 5 million FERC program until the company settles with the State. In the FERC agreement Ameren has until December 31, 2007 to spend the 5 million on "project enhancements" and if they don't spend the money they have to turn it over to the Feds. That means that there is only 14 months to work out the "project enhancements", but if you wait for the KC lawyers to collect their $$$ how much time do you think will be left. I admit, except for the bad PR, it probably would be easier for Ameren to just wait and pay the Feds another 5 million, rather than deal with all the different ideas about how to spend the money locally. Remember, I said it was going to be a fun winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter