Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tourism and Wi-Fi

Two things this morning, an article in the Mt. Echo yesterday detailed plans for a new organization, the River Valley District. This is an effort to combine the Lesterville Black River businesses with the Arcadia Valley businesses in one promotional organizaton. There is a meeting in Arcadia next Wednesday and I will attend and let you know what develops. Second, there was a news release that Bennett Springs State Park is installing Wi-Fi. I'll be interested to see if that is on the plans for the Shut-Ins. Question, would you bring your laptop or Blackberry to Lesterville if Wi-Fi were available at the lodge or campground that you frequent?

6 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were just talking about that last week at the lodge. There is a place in Ironton that has WIFI and someone was thinking of taking his laptop there to use it. I think you would see people bringing them down on vacation.
Kris

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People, It's suppose to be a vacation! Leave the laptop and anything that allows you to WORK at home.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your on vacation!!! If you can't have a week without any type of technology - Stay home and work that week.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were taking in all the activities at the Lodge (BRL) you would'nt have any time for your laptop. I wonder if you could float on an innertube with your laptop sealed in a zip-loc bag? If you have extra time to use your laptop,instead, visit Peola Valley Pottery and buy something!

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled to tell my boss that I cannot be reached when I'm on vacation at BRL -- no phones, no computers. If you get WiFi, don't tell my boss.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger higgybear said...

We did take our laptop, but not for business. I used it to load my photos for the day to the laptop and then erase my card to start over. Yes, I know - buy a bigger card - also we were hoping to copy the talent show from a friends camcorder and make copies for others on cd's to take home. We did this stuff late at night, not during activities. I do agree that when I go to BRL, I am glad there isn't any phones or tv. I do not care if they every have WiFi, I work on computers at home everyday, I am glad to get away from them for a week. I was not keen on taking our laptop this year, but it was nice to clear the camera card. I don't need WiFi to do any of this stuff. If they had it, it would only tempt me to post daily to my blog on the Black River of news and events of the day, but nothing more than that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter