Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Echo

The Ironton newspaper, The Mountain Echo, had two articles about the Taum Sauk event. First, it turns out that the contractor Mactec is removing the fish from the lower reservoir and they are releasing the fish below the dam. So if you come in August there might be some big fish in the Black. Second, there was an article about nine Arcadia Valley business owners meeting with a St. Louis attorney to discuss the impact of the Taum Sauk breach on business. It would be unfair of me to judge whether any other business has seen a loss of business because of the event. I have not seen any decline in my business and if there were I would not know whether it was because of the Taum Sauk event or the high price of gas. I had to go to St Louis on Monday for a load of clay and I filled up before I left and again when I got home. It now cost me $32.00 for the round trip. Not a deal buster, but I'm sure most families making the trip to the Black are looking at their entire budget and deciding what they can omit and still have a good vacation.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter