Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What a Night!

The weather started out with the first day to reach 100 degrees. Around 6pm we could hear a lot of thunder to the east. About 7pm we lost power and the thunder and lightening were as bad as I think I have ever experienced. We had a lot of small hail and by 8pm we recorded 2 inches of rain. The power finally came back at 9pm.

I made a trip to Ironton this afternoon and on the way home I went by the Lower Reservoir. The reservoir is "Y" shaped with the left side going up the East Fork toward the Shut-Ins and the right side is known as the Taum Sauk Branch. The Taum Sauk Branch is quite shallow and now that they have dropped the reservoir level by six feet most of that arm of the reservoir is dry. At the dam there was a lot a dead trees that were exposed by lowering the level of the reservoir. Doubt that they have started removing any of the clay.

1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter