Sunday, June 25, 2006

Six Months

On Christmas Eve my son pointed out that the posts that I was making on my pottery site were like a blog, and that the Taum Sauk event would probably last for some time so I should just start a blog. On Christmas morning I was the first one up so I got on the computer and opened a blogger account and transfered the few posts that I had from the previous 10 day to the new site.

Here we are six months later, I've made 275 posts and you have made over 7000 visits to see what I had uncovered. Here is where I think we are with the story. Ameren is continuing with design and engineering for a possible rebuild of the upper reservoir. DNR is working on plans for a new park design and will start shortly to rechannel the East Fork above the shut-ins. Life in Lesterville seems like any other summer season, but we will wait for a final report in September. Ameren has not received permission to lower the level of the Lower Reservoir and start removing all the clay from the event that is deposited in that lake. When that starts we will see a lot of big machinery activity and a lot of local howling. And through it all we will have the political and legal mess.

Life goes on and the hummingbirds a sucking down five quarts of juice a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter