Monday, March 27, 2006

Ads and Meetings

First a river report, Pam and I got back to Lesterville around 4pm yesterday and the river at the lodge was back to the blue/green color. It does appear clear if the water is less that a foot deep.

Did any of you see the Ameren (ExperienceBlackRiver.com) ads in the Sunday papers? I saw the one in the Springfield News-Leader. I appreciate the effort, but I'm not sure how many eyeballs it attracted. The ExperienceBlackRiver web site is going to be expanded with additional information and I think that might help more that the ads. If any of you saw the ad in papers other than St Louis or KC please leave a comment and let me know where it was published. Stay Tuned.

Finally, the state has announced a series of meetings (open houses) about the plans for the Shut-Ins. There is going to be one in St. Louis. April 5 -- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at St. Louis County Library, Oak Bend Branch, 842 S. Holmes Ave. (north of Big Bend). So I think it would be great if some of my loyal readers put on their Lodge shirts and head for this event and let the state people know what you think about the whole event.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the Experience Black River ad in the "A" section of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Sunday. You're right... not very prominent or eye-catching. I just happened across it then remembered you had mentioned it. Thanks for the updates!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am watching the papers around springfield il did not see an ad last week. Maybe they think it is to far away. There are alot of groups that come down to canoe from Girard, Virden area. I will keep looking. Keep up the great work. mud_diver@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter