Sunday, March 16, 2008

First Meeting

Friday night the two boards that are to oversee the funds from the Ameren settlement were sworn in. After a talk about our legal duties as board members and another talk about the state "Sunshine Law" we were sworn in by Jay Nixon and we started our organizational meetings. I was surprised that at least two of my fellow board members thought that we should only have two meetings. An organizational meeting and then at the second meeting we should divide the $3 million between the four school districts and disband the board. I'm one of three board members that think we should try and make the money last at least 20 years. The other board members have not gone public with their thoughts. So I'll be back in Lesterville on March 26 for a committee meeting and on April 3 for the second board meeting. I don't know what went on at the Tourism board meeting. If anyone does please add a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter