Friday, December 14, 2007

A Day In The Life

Each of us has certain days that stay with us for all our life, and December 14 will always be a big day for me. It's been two years since I received a call from a neighbor informing me that the reservoir had failed and that I needed to be ready for high water. As we all know that high water never came, but I have spent hundreds of hours in meetings, hearing, and other events during these past two years. In the process I have made a lot of new friends, mostly Ameren employees,
and I'm sure a few enemies for my take on some of the events and processes over the past 24 months. I'm happy to hear that the rebuild is underway and I hope that Ameren will keep everyone informed about the progress on top of Proffitt Mt.

Yesterday was the media tour of the site. Here is the newspaper report and here is a TV story. I sure wish there were better photos. I know the area well and I can't figure anything from this TV story. For the record, none of the Springfield stations covered this media event. So when you hear pronouncements from Jeff City about all the citizens of Missouri being harmed by this event, that may be technically true, but the day to day facts don't bare that out. It's a big local event in an area with a very small population.

Probably won't be any further coverage on this story for a while, so for my loyal readers, have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter