Thursday, August 31, 2006

River Valley District

I attended a meeting of a new organization, the River Valley District. This organization is going to try to promote the area from Caledonia to Lesterville. I think one of the best parts of the organizaton is it will give all of us a chance to meet other business owners. I've been selling pottery in Lesterville for 22 years and yet I met seven other tourist related business owners for the first time. So I can't predict what sort of success we will have, but I feel that my contributions are going to be worth the effort. There is concern in Lesterville that the shortened summer season caused by the earlier starting date for schools and the higher cost of gas is going to create problems for the Black River tourist trade. I feel that because of our distance from St. Louis that the River Valley area will remain a popular place to get away for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter