Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bad Info

The St Louis Post-Dispatch ran an article on June 3 about floating Ozark streams. It had the following quote that I noted on this blog at the time.

The upper Meramec, Courtois and Huzzah are fine float streams. The Black River at Lesterville, Mo., also will fall back into this category once the AmerenUE mess is washed away. A breached reservoir at the hydroelectric power plant sent a flood of mud into the river. High water in recent weeks has helped.

The Wichita, Kansas newspaper just decided to run that story. Not only did I disagree with the Post statement almost a month ago, but its really not a fair statement now. If anything, the big problem now is a typical summer lack of rain. Our grass is dying, there is no water in Peola Creek, but it is 53 degrees this morning. Boy do I love cold summer mornings.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just returned from my week at Black River Lodge, great as usual. The beach is back and the river was wonderful. Plenty of shallows for the kids to play in. Deeper spot across the river for the rope swing. I sat in my favororite spot in the rapids. Not to fond of the rock I hit while tubing, but the Black River on a bad day is 100 times better than anywhere else. Visited the Pottery Store and loved all the new colors and designs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter