Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Float the East Fork?

The CBS station from Cape Girardeau had a news story on Lesterville tonight. They taped from the East Fork near Twin Rivers and talked about how the river was still dirty and wondered if as many people would come to float. Duh, has anyone reading this ever floated the East Fork. I tried once 30 years ago and it was like the river in the African Queen. They did interview Bob Franklin and he had some honest comments about the situation on the river. I would love to have a survalence camera on the bridge at BRL and record how many people go down the river this weekend. I'm betting it will be just like all the other Memorial weekends. Tomorrow I get to go on a tour of the Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park. I'll post my reaction on Friday morning.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be really nice to have pictures of the River at BRL. I must admit the information seems conflicting. First it seems like the river is muddy, then miraculously clear and now back to not so good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter