Sunday, April 20, 2008

Upcoming Election

The following is a quote from the Springfield News-Leader

family farms and small businesses could be spared with better access to affordable education and health care and broadband Internet access

To remain neutral I won't reveal the Missouri politician that said this, but my move to Springfield was prompted by two of these topics. I moved to Missouri from Iowa a quarter century ago. I loved the landscape, but was quickly surprised by the lack of services available in rural Missouri. My first summer in Reynolds County I went to the county fair and talked to a fellow that was running for state representative (he got elected). I ask him why I couldn't get Public Television in Lesterville (Iowa had it available to everyone in the state). He said I was wrong, that the public owned the airwaves and that there was a television signal that made it to Lesterville. This guy was from rural Missouri and had never heard of PBS or NPR. I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter