Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dead or Unimportant?

In my last post I said this was a "dead" story. Shelley Powers added a comment and used the word "unimportant". She also put a comment on her own blog saying that the folks in Lesterville would just as soon see the story die out.

What I was trying to say was that the media have decided it is a "dead" story, because they have stopped covering it. What should have been one of the big stories, how the $5 million fine was dealt with and what it is going to be spent on, no one covered. When ever I'm in Springfield and meet someone new and say I'm from Lesterville no one ever says, oh, the town down river from the Taum Sauk event. Most people in the entire state have put this story behind them.

So what I was trying to say is I live in one of the most unpopulated parts of Missouri and to the rest of the state this is an old story. There are a few thousand people that have been coming to the Black River for decades and they are still concerned about the condition of the river, but they number less than the population of all of Reynolds County (6,000+). I really think that all the noise from Jeff City has more to do with undeveloped males that are still trying to win a basketball game with the guys from the next small town. Childers doesn't want to lose, but I'm not convinced that he cares about the trophy. He just wants to go home and know that he scored a 3 pointer against the AG.

Dead or unimportant, ether way I have to drive 100 miles round trip for a doctors appointment today, just one of the factors of living in paradise.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

upcoming news conference from DNR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter