Thursday, February 08, 2007

Where's the Video?

I would have loved to see a video of the local "good ol boys" meeting with Blunt and Nixon on the county's problems vis a vis the Taum Sauk event. Many of our local county officials went to Jefferson City yesterday to plead their frustration with lack of progress in getting the area back to normal. If every there was a group that could be described as "out of their league" it would have been this group. If you were at last weeks panel meeting and saw the Northern County Commissioner make the counties request you know what I'm taking about. The St. Louis Post has an article about the latest political dirt raking and these Jeff City meetings.

Tonight the marathon panel meeting starts at 6pm. Next Tuesday Ameren presents the rebuild plans at 7pm.

After todays post I'll probably never get my road graded again, that's politics in a small county.

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have liked to see a video of this, also.

I'd come out with a rake and the strength of my convictions, but I have a feeling they wouldn't measure up against political might and a grader.

Shelley

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This political dance reminds me of when my children were young.

Two friends playing together was fine, but insert a third and there was bickering, and jockeying for position, and allegiances.

Maybe Blunt and Nixon need to read the book, 'Everything I Needed to Know in Life I Learned in Kindergarten'.

It's getting to the point that they look ridiculus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter