Wednesday, June 07, 2006

River and Politics

If you are keeping up with this blog from outside the state of Missouri you might not see this article. As I stated in January, politics will muddy this event worse than clay in the river. As far as I know, and I'm frequently misinformed, Mr. Blunt has only been to Reynolds County once and that was December 14, 2005. He came by National Guard helicopter because there is no airport near Reynolds County where a corporate airplane can land. Mr. Nixon came to Lesterville at least twice during the 90's for a vacation with his family. They stayed at Wilderness Lodge and shopped at the pottery on each visit. Mr. Nixon was also very involved in the earlier clean up of the river, namely, getting the 4 wheel drive vehiciles and ATV's out of the river.

I don't have enough information to form an opinion on what is the right course in this situation. I have no complaint with the effort that Ameren has put out to correct and heal the aftermath of the event. I'm certainly happy that this event was not caused by the Doe Run Company, our other big corporate neighbor. I'll have to trust that Mr. Nixon has a lot more experience in public service than Mr. Blunt and that somehow the right balance will prevail by the time we have this in our past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter